Alternate Thursdays is seeking an intern to assist with its podcast projects in Los Angeles. Interns will provide support to the producers and talent across film, tv, sports, tech, politics, fiction, and culture verticals. Interns will have the opportunity to pitch and produce pieces. Interns will get a first-hand look at how an audio-first media company functions on a day-to-day basis. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn about podcasting, audio production, recording, marketing, production, digital strategy, communication, sales, and pitching creative.
- Assist with fact checking, research assistance, data analysis, interview transcribing, show note preparation, pre- and post-production
- Provide general studio and office support as needed
- Booking guests & guest outreach
- Cover art and digital asset compliance
- Website maintenance
- CMS management and maintenance
- Build social media content asset library
- Lead on special projects as needed
- Collaborate, pitch and produce relevant projects
- Experience in media, preferably audio
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong writing skills required (use the cover letter as an opportunity to wow us)
- Knowledge of soundboard and microphones preferred
- Working knowledge of Pro Tools and Basecamp
- Should have had at least one prior professional internship
- Should demonstrate an understanding of creating content on the latest social media platforms
- Should show a fundamental ability to make sound editorial judgments and balance conflicting priorities
- Should be able to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure, including working evenings and weekends
This is a paid internship and school credit eligible. 10-12 hours per week. Applicants must commit for a minimum of six months. Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. college or university or be no more than four terms past their graduation date; in good academic standing if still in school; and in possession of unrestricted work authorization.
Please attach cover letter, a résumé and samples of previous work if applicable. In your cover letter, include answers to the following questions:
1) What are your long term career objectives?
2) Where do you think you can make the biggest impact for us?
3) What was the last book you read?
Alternate Thursdays is committed to creating a diverse community and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.